In today’s time, many people think that ASP.NET MVC replaced ASP.NET Web Forms. But that’s not true. Both have their own pros and cons Nobody can tell or teach us what to use and when, but we can discuss about some facts which will help us to make a choice between both of them.
.NET is a Microsoft’s Web application framework built on Common language run-time for creating dynamic web sites using one of the programming languages like C#, VB.NET etc. It supports various different models which have used Web Forms and MVC.
What is Web Forms ?
Microsoft first comes with ASP.NET Web Forms which solved many issues by developing higher level abstraction stateless and simulated stateful model. In this web forms model concepts like self post-back and View-state are introduced. One of the very good in this model is that developer not required writing even a single line of code. With Web Forms Microsoft brings the Visual Basic model into a web.
Another model which is recently popular all over the world is MVC which is one of the ideal architectural patterns which is has been around for some time now. Many are using this new concept in the .Net development.
Why Use ASP.NET Web Forms and Why ASP.NET MVC ?
This both techniques have it specific solutions depending on the exact requirements of the software application and the background of the development team. Every .net developer and development firm always juggling to decide between ASP.NET Web Forms or ASP.NET MVC it is important to know that none of this technology is meant to replace each other as both important in certain kinds of development.
Five factors which need to consider while making the choice for the Development model:
1. In the project development work if there is a requirement to develop anything rapidly ASP.NET Web Forms is the surely a best option for the developer. If that is the case using of MVC model is certainly not possible.
2. In a certain kind of project if there is a requirement for the Unit Testing then MVC model will be best surely best choice for the developers.
3. The experience of the development is certainly a key factor, if the team is more experience with Windows Forms than that model is certainly automatic choice for that project.
4. If the development team have used JSP or ASP development than they more likely familiar with HTTP get and Post and even have some experience with MVC because it that is ideal that they select MVC framework by default for the .Net Development.
5. With no support for View State ASP.NET MVC provides good performance and certainly more helpful than ASP.NET Web Forms.
Thus, final selection of the model in the development clearly depends on the above points and if the selection of the model is done on the basis of it which is certainly helpful for the development team to create better output for their development project. Above given reasons for this is surely helpful for developers to select the best platform for the .net base web development.